A Request
Ian,
I miss you, baby. As usual, it's sharper these days, like reinjuring a hurt limb;
familiar pain;
bitter pain
pain I can't simply ignore.
Lots of things stir me up....weddings, friends talking about their living kids, your friends having babies.
I would love to have known your babies.
After almost eight years I have learned that there is no way to feel ok with any of what happened, at least not this time of year, so my intention is just to stay in the moment and dodge the thoughts that come. Just be happy for others and hope it keeps the sadness at bay.
Carrie let me cry and pour it out.
I listened to a podcast on the origin of Thanksgiving yesterday while walking, and it intrigued the gloom away for a bit, especially a fun validation about a Quiji board.
The growing book of memories with the boys is growing and I love that they get me.
Jacie came over and hugged some of it away.
I say a fascinating west
ern spotted Orb spider.
Bill wrote me.
Gunnar wrote me.
Phoebe is here, as always, with just the right countenance and syncrony to be my "constant".
Elm leaves fall like corn flakes filling my yard, vexing and pleasing me.
A huge toad lets me pet him as he basks in the dog bowl.
My space heater hums with the first chill of Fall, almost like a robotic friend.
Things to do are plugged into my schedule "just so" that both fill my days and also exhaust me. It is my daily challeng to find the right balance between too much alone time and frenzied business that leaves me brittle as a twig.
I miss Chris. I miss Kenzie. I miss You. I miss who we were at one point in time, but I cannot write about that lest my grief overtakes me.
Instead I just try to love fiercely and delight in the lives you all are building for yourselves and release
release
release all three of you to whatever grand adventures you seek in your "becoming".
So as I go on today please help me.
Place stepping stones before me.
Help me find and delight in the small miracle of them, as they are placed before me,
I don't want to just survive, I want to thrive and I do know that you want that for me, too.
I know that Kenzie and Chris do too.
Perhaps stay closer to me today and help me feel you there.
Look out for your sister and brother and the boys today.
We all need you and we are family. They need stepping stones too, I think.
I love you, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment