Monday, November 4, 2019

silent witness


Silent Witness

                                    Dear Ian,
I read somewhere:

 "Hearing truth is like breathing air from a forgotten world."

 I think this is true, baby.
 So today I am reading through
 some of the embers of truth
 that I find in this fire; 
This hell.....




"Something Unknown
Always
Wants to be known....."





"Sometimes I feel entirely defeated.
And then I come to a place like this (in nature)
And a small courage takes hold of me,
And I feel fitter for things."



"You will notice that you only have a self
When you are in trouble."




"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, and die with their songs still inside them."


"As you do not know the path of the wind
Or how the body is formed in a mother's womb
So you cannot understand the work of God,
The Maker of all things." 






















"The story writes the life....at the same time the life is writing the story."






"I feel like a part of my soul
Has loved you
Since the beginning of everything.
Maybe we are from the same star?"








"I am Leeched by loss."



"Mom, thank you for everything you do for me.
 You are the best thing in my life.
 My life is a half-circle right now, but with you in my life it is a full circle.
 Everything you do for me makes my heart shine. 
 Love, your boy Ian." 5th grade



"Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know...."



"I wanted to talk to someone, but who?
It's in moments like this, 
when you need someone the most, 
that your world seems smallest."





"And Now there is just empty space
Where
A
Vibrating human used to be."


                                                    Love,
                                                                     Momma

Thanks to:

Ecclesiastes
Deepak Chopra
 H. D. Thoreau
Emily Dickenson
Pam Houston
Emery Allen
Ian Ray
Dostoyevsky
Pema Chodrin
Rachel Cohen







2 comments:

Donnie said...

"The story writes the life....at the same time the life is writing the story."

Unknown said...

Ian was not part of the "mass". He stood and stands above and beyond, growing the love for all tgat come in contact with him.