Thursday, October 18, 2018

Blue Norther





Blue Norther




You came blowing back in before the blue norther Sunday, like kettling buzzards. For a while you have been silent and distant and unreachable. Then you came and I felt the height and weight and breadth of you all around me; in front, behind and beside me. I felt your warm arms like a shield.

Same as in your waking life, but different. Strong and well as a ripe melon. Gone the parts blemished and bitten by life. New.

You came because it was a bad week, but then again you always came through for me. 











You did it when you were a small boy,
You did it as a teen when most hate their parents,
You did it behind my back, speaking words of honor of me to others. 
You did it openly and lovingly.
You did it when you were starting to get sick, coming to me when I needed you and calling me, fighting with me and forgiving me and letting me forgive you.

And you are here now, not a sick young man, but a vital, pulsing force of life. You know our little family is shattered and you are bringing the glue. Changed, and yet the same. 

Sunday was hot and still like the sucking in of the breath before the plunge. 

Monday came the winds and rain, and the temp had dropped 40 degrees. A pal of winter was draped over everything. It was in this surge of nature that you came back.

It happens like that sometimes, you know....
Things can change suddenly.
A person can be so lost
And in a second found again by love.
Gathered me up before the storm.
You were there and had me
 I was relaxing again
And into your arms.


It was an unexpected joy to feel you again. For a while I felt you were the parent and I, the child.


                                                                                                  Love,
                                                                                                            Momma






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think Ian would have really liked that last line - he would be the caretaker, even when he didn't want to (like a parent sometimes has to be).